Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Helge Weissig <he...@grajagan.org> on 2008/01/15 18:20:19 UTC

Southern California job opportunity

In the hope that this is an appropriate topic: We are currently
seeking contractors for work on our torque/turbine/velocity based
laboratory information management system (LIMS). I have pasted the
official posting from http://www.activx.com/careers/positions.html
below.

Basically, we are looking to hire one or two contractors for a one
year term to take our LIM system to the next level. The existing
architecture is fairly mature and complex as it supports a cutting
edge technology platform.

We are located in the North County San Diego area and are primarily
looking for someone to be able to work on-site. However, we will
consider all applications based on their merit!

Please do not reply to this posting with applications!

cheers,
h.

Helge Weissig, Ph.D.
Director, Bioinformatics
ActivX Biosciences, Inc.
ph: (858) 526 2542
fx: (858) 587 4878
www.activx.com

Primary Responsibilities:

ActivX is seeking a full time programmer on a contract basis to assist
in the writing of custom software with a specific focus on web
application development and automated mass spectroscopy data analysis
software. The successful candidate is expected to work closely with
both the bioinformatics group as well as technology/analytical staff
to optimize data analysis methods, implement custom software, and
integrate these features into the overall ActivX data pipeline.
Responsibilities of the position range from user requirement
specifications to implementation, testing and deployment within an
existing multi-tiered web application framework.

Requirements:

BS in Computer Science and a minimum of 4 years experience
programming, or MS in Computer Science, or BS in biological science
with at least 5 years of programming experience. Knowledge of
programming in Java (including but not limited to Web applications)
and strong UNIX/Linux skills as well as strong interpersonal and
organizational skills are required. Experience in statistical analysis
and with proteomics and/or genomics data are highly desirable.
Additional desirable experience and skills include a familiarity with
software development tools and software engineering cycles.

To Apply:

Please email your resume to hr@activx.com
Refer to job code: 62HW