Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Abhay Kulkarni <ab...@pune.tcs.co.in> on 2002/04/05 12:28:37 UTC

Want to exit if any target in dependency list failed

hi!!!!
  acutally i'm converting make file to ANT

make file is like this

modelBasedGeneration : queryTempGenerated compMakeGenerated JavaclassesGenerated svrDrvGenerated

i want to  exit if any of the targets in dependency list is failed
so can any one please tell me how can i do that

Regards,
Abhay.

Re: Want to exit if any target in dependency list failed

Posted by Abhay Kulkarni <ab...@pune.tcs.co.in>.
hi!!!!

1]i have make file like this

modelBasedGeneration : queryTempGenerated compMakeGenerated
JavaclassesGenerated svrDrvGenerated
             action1
queryTempGenerated   :anotherdependent
            action2
            action3
            action4
compMakeGenerated  :.......................

so i want to exit if in target queryTempGenerated any of actions
action2,action3,action3 is failed
so if action3 is failed action4 should not get executed

so how should i do it in ANT
or ANT does it explicitly

2] and can i check whether a task is completed successfully
  suppose my task is

<target name=target1">
<exec dir="${src}" executable="cmd.exe">
  <arg line="/c perl ${PERLDIR}\compileStdJavaFiles1.pl"/>
</exec>
</target>

can i check the return status of the command i executed such as perl command
is used here
or how can i check the return status of the last executed command
is there any facility given by ANT

Regards,
Abhay.

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.