Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Torben Makowka <to...@topcom.de> on 2008/04/02 15:33:15 UTC

[Trinidad] Reload problem with dynamically created CoreTable

Hi all,

i'm experiencing a really strange problem with a dynamic CoreTable i'm
filling with a variable number of columns from the backing bean.

I set the "binding" attribute of the table to a property in my backing
bean. Interestingly enough i have to set the "var" attribute directly in
my jsp or the dynamic creation won't work.

The columns are dynamically created from a result of a database query,
so they change every time the page loads. When setting transient to
"false", the initial table gets rendered correctly in the browser. But
if i add or remove columns in the backing bean afterwards, the columns
and the headers remain the same, but the values of the rows change. I
have to manually reload (!) the page, then the new layout of the table
appears.

When setting transient to "true", the table gets rendered correctly
every time the page loads, but the pagination feature does not work any
more. Unfortunately i definitely need this one for cycling through my rows.

I recreate the CoreTable on every refresh of the page with a new instance.

Could this be a cache problem on the browser side or does anyone have
ideas of what could be the problem in this case?

Greetings and thanks in advance,
Torben