Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Sudheer Kumar <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/13 12:06:30 UTC

Is there any way to patch Apache DS 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 or later?

Hi

I would like to know if there is a way to apply Apache DS 1.5.5 (or later )
as a patch to an existing Apache DS 1.5.4 installation?

Thanks.
--
Sudheer Kumar Arimbra

Re: Is there any way to patch Apache DS 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 or later?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 5/13/10 12:06 PM, Sudheer Kumar wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to apply Apache DS 1.5.5 (or later )
> as a patch to an existing Apache DS 1.5.4 installation?

I guess you mean 'how do I migrate from an installed 1.5.4 ADS to an ADS
1.5.5)...'

1) Extract the data from your old base (as LDIF)
2) install 1.5.5
3) modify the schema in 1.5.5 so that it's compatible with 1.5.4
4) Inject your ldif file into ADS

There might be some slight configuration modifications you have to take
care of, too. Be sure that the server.xml file you have tuned is reused
in 1.5.5 (copy the mdifications into the server.xml file)

It should work.

Btw, the current version is 1.5.7.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny