Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by priby <pr...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/18 16:25:46 UTC

Installation of FOP in unix

Hi all,

I am trying to install fop in unix system.

I downloaded the fop-0.20.5-src.tar and unzipped it in a windows machine.
Then I moved the unzipped files to unix system inside folder
/var/tmp/fop-0.20.5 .

Then under the folder /var/tmp/fop-0.20.5 ,I tried to generate a test pdf by
issuing the following command.

fop.sh -fo /var/tmp/fop-0.20.5/Test.fo -pdf /var/tmp/fop-0.20.5/Test.pdf

But I got the error "-bash: fop.sh: command not found".

I even tried making the fop.sh executable by using the command chmod a=wrx
fop.sh
.

But still the same error is thrown.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
priby

Re: Installation of FOP in unix

Posted by priby <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your help.

As you suggested I added the folder in to the PATH variable.Then the error"
-bash: fop.sh: command not found" was gone .But I was getting a different
error
bad interpreter: No such file or directory. Then I came to know that this
happens when we transfer script files from windows to unix.

So I used dos2unix command for changing the fop.sh to unix format.

Now the fop is working perfectly. Thankyou.

Posted by "Mark C. Allman" <mc...@allmanpc.com>.