Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2004/02/04 23:55:34 UTC

Re: adding output filters in quickhandler

Quick handlers are not for filtering content.  Quick handlers assume
all responsibility for the request, e.g. proxy content servers.  In fact this
particular hook was debated for quite a while (with some believing it was
inherently a bad thing.)

I don't believe that redirects have the opportunity to do a quick handler,
because the quick handler exists to map a request 1:1 to a result.

Bill