Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stanislav Ochotnicky <so...@redhat.com> on 2011/09/05 10:35:17 UTC

Fix test scope dependency skipping

Hi everyone,

Currently Maven includes test dependencies in resolving graph even when
-Dmaven.test.skip is used. It's unnecessary and sub-optimal when big
test dependencies have to be downloaded to local cache. As far as I know
Maven 2.X didn't have this problem, so I'd guess this is a sort of
regression (minor one, but still).

I've prepared a patch (more like a hack) that solves this problem for
me. However the patch uses literal "maven.test.skip" string, referencing
"test" scope directly and few other ugly things so I know it can't be
included as it is. I'd be willing to work on it more, but first I'd like
your opinion on the general PoC idea so I don't waste time with something
you'd consider pointless in the end :-)

Stanislav Ochotnicky <so...@redhat.com>

PGP: 7B087241

Re: Fix test scope dependency skipping

Posted by Stanislav Ochotnicky <so...@redhat.com>.
Excerpts from Stanislav Ochotnicky's message of Mon Sep 05 10:35:17 +0200 2011:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Currently Maven includes test dependencies in resolving graph even when
> -Dmaven.test.skip is used. It's unnecessary and sub-optimal when big
> test dependencies have to be downloaded to local cache. As far as I know
> Maven 2.X didn't have this problem, so I'd guess this is a sort of
> regression (minor one, but still).
>
> I've prepared a patch (more like a hack) that solves this problem for
> me. However the patch uses literal "maven.test.skip" string, referencing
> "test" scope directly and few other ugly things so I know it can't be
> included as it is. I'd be willing to work on it more, but first I'd like
> your opinion on the general PoC idea so I don't waste time with something
> you'd consider pointless in the end :-)

Aaand the patch...