Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/13 22:21:20 UTC

[DISCUSS] retire Photark

Dear IPMC and Photark podling,

lresende and I have launched several threads on the photark dev list
to ask the community to seriously consider it's situation. However, we
have elicited no constructive discussion. The dev list has been dead
quiet since the last such transaction, which provoked a brief
discussion of a release followed by crickets (no email).

Thus, I sadly feel that it is time to open a discussion here on
general@ about initiating retirement from the IPMC side. I will launch
a vote if appropriate based on the discussion.

Re: [DISCUSS] retire Photark

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear IPMC and Photark podling,
>
> lresende and I have launched several threads on the photark dev list
> to ask the community to seriously consider it's situation. However, we
> have elicited no constructive discussion. The dev list has been dead
> quiet since the last such transaction, which provoked a brief
> discussion of a release followed by crickets (no email).
>
> Thus, I sadly feel that it is time to open a discussion here on
> general@ about initiating retirement from the IPMC side. I will launch
> a vote if appropriate based on the discussion.

Sadly, but +1.

Also, in case of successful retirement, it would be good if we could host
it in github and continue to use the PhotArk name.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [DISCUSS] retire Photark