Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/12 13:57:21 UTC

Re: Async error occurred: java.lang.NullPoint erException

Unfortunately this is looking suspiciously like an inter-version
interop problem - its looking like the Client's ConnectionInfo does
not appear to have a ConnectionId when the broker reads it.
Unfortunately it looks from this log like 4.0.1 and 4.1 do not
interoperate :(

On 2/12/07, Thomas Swindells <ts...@ndsuk.com> wrote:

> Appologies if this has already been recorded in a defect somewhere.
>
> I am running an ActiveMQ 4.1 broker. Another team have developed a client
> based upon ActiveMQ 4.0.1. They are running it within Tomcat and were having
> probems with their service starting as it was failing to connect to my
> broker. When configured to use their broker it does work.
>
> I've turned on the debug output and it appears to be due to the 4.1 broker
> generating a null pointer exception. Obviously I'm going to get them to
> upgrade but it would appear that there is some issue which needs looking
> into.
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas
>
> DEBUG WireFormatNegotiator           - Sending: WireFormatInfo { version=2,
> properties={TightEncodingEnabled=true, CacheSize=1024,
> TcpNoDelayEnabled=true, SizePrefixDisabled=false, StackTraceEnabled=true,
> MaxInactivityDuration=30000, CacheEnabled=true}, magic=[A,c,t,i,v,e,M,Q]}
> DEBUG WireFormatNegotiator           - Received WireFormat: WireFormatInfo {
> version=1, properties={StackTraceEnabled=true, TightEncodingEnabled=true,
> TcpNoDelayEnabled=true, SizePrefixDisabled=false,
> MaxInactivityDuration=30000, CacheEnabled=true}, magic=[A,c,t,i,v,e,M,Q]}
> DEBUG WireFormatNegotiator           - tcp:///172.18.200.204:1662 before
> negotiation: OpenWireFormat{version=2, cacheEnabled=false,
> stackTraceEnabled=false, tightEncodingEnabled=false,
> sizePrefixDisabled=false}
> DEBUG WireFormatNegotiator           - tcp:///172.18.200.204:1662 after
> negotiation: OpenWireFormat{version=1, cacheEnabled=true,
> stackTraceEnabled=true, tightEncodingEnabled=true, sizePrefixDisabled=false}
> DEBUG Service                        - Async error occurred:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.hash(ConcurrentHashMap.java:160)
>         at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.get(ConcurrentHashMap.java:767)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConnection(TransportConnection.java:651)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedTransportConnection.processAddConnection(ManagedTransportConnection.java:86)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.command.ConnectionInfo.visit(ConnectionInfo.java:121)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:284)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:177)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.java:65)
>         at
> [...]

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/