Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/26 21:04:47 UTC

EJB3 and JDO implementations

Just a heads up...

I've been exchanging some emails with Craig Russell. He's going to be
resuming his work on a JDO implementation of the Roller backend and
this time he's trying for both a JDO and a EJB3/JPA.

It's probably best for him to work in the sandbox (as he has been) and
in the trunk, since the trunk is going to be relatively stable while
we work on Roller 3.0.

Any thoughts on that?

-Dave

Re: EJB3 and JDO implementations

Posted by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com>.
I am not sure of the benefit of having EJB 3 for Roller unless it is used in in a heavily commercial environment, however the notion to use JPA is a good idea, with that said JPOX.org are planning to integrate JPA with JPOX VERSION 1.12 or the next future release. It will be a good idea to slow down JDO implemention a bit.

Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com> wrote: Just a heads up...

I've been exchanging some emails with Craig Russell. He's going to be
resuming his work on a JDO implementation of the Roller backend and
this time he's trying for both a JDO and a EJB3/JPA.

It's probably best for him to work in the sandbox (as he has been) and
in the trunk, since the trunk is going to be relatively stable while
we work on Roller 3.0.

Any thoughts on that?

-Dave

Ransford Segu-Baffoe

paksegu@yahoo.com
paksegu@noqturnalmediasystems.com

http://www.noqturnalmediasystems.com/
http://www.noqturnalmediasystems.com/Serenade/
https://serenade.dev.java.net/

RE: EJB3 and JDO implementations

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Dave,

> Any thoughts on that?

Other than "YAAAAAYYYYYY!"?  ;-)

Mind you, the concept of a sandbox is a bit anachronistic with SVN.  You
just create a branch for whatever you're doing.

	--- Noel