Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeff Ramnani <je...@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/29 21:29:54 UTC

svnsync error - "path not present"

I am getting the following error when running svnsync to update a mirror
of my production subversion repo.  Here's what the error looks like
(changing the actual file paths for the example).

    svnsync: Path 'projects/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4' not present

I followed the instructions in the "Repository Replication" section of
the Subversion Handbook when setting up the repository mirror. The
mirroring worked successfully for about a month until I got this error.
Subsequent execution of the 'svnsync' command fails immediately with
the same error message.

The revision which triggers the error is the addition of a directory,
'projects/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/dir5' (same path elements as before with
the addition of dir5).

I've done the following troubleshooting steps:
  * Run 'svnadmin verify' against both my production repository and my
    mirror repository.  Both complete successfully.  The mirror
    repository's HEAD revision is the revision committed prior to
    the error.

  * Compared the revision properties for the last committed revision in
    the mirror repository and the same revision in the production
    repository, and they look the same.
    (svn proplist --revprop -v -r 85223 [REPO URL])

  * Deleted the mirror repository, and re-created it.  I get the same
    error when it tries to commit the same revision.

Are there any other techniques or troubleshooting steps I can use to
find the cause of this error and fix it?  I've searched the mailing
list archives, and this is the only thread I've found for this error
message,
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=69732.
Pointers to other threads or documentation I may have missed would be
welcome.  Please let me know if there's any more information that I can
provide which would help.

Subversion Version: 1.4.3
Repository Back End: fsfs
Platform: Linux RHEL 4 (2.6.9-42.ELsmp x86_64)

Much obliged,

Jeff Ramnani

Re: svnsync error - "path not present"

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2008/7/30 Jeff Ramnani <je...@yahoo.com>:
> I am getting the following error when running svnsync to update a mirror
> of my production subversion repo.  Here's what the error looks like
> (changing the actual file paths for the example).
>
>    svnsync: Path 'projects/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4' not present
>
> I followed the instructions in the "Repository Replication" section of
> the Subversion Handbook when setting up the repository mirror. The
> mirroring worked successfully for about a month until I got this error.
> Subsequent execution of the 'svnsync' command fails immediately with
> the same error message.
>
> The revision which triggers the error is the addition of a directory,
> 'projects/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/dir5' (same path elements as before with
> the addition of dir5).
>
> I've done the following troubleshooting steps:
>  * Run 'svnadmin verify' against both my production repository and my
>    mirror repository.  Both complete successfully.  The mirror
>    repository's HEAD revision is the revision committed prior to
>    the error.
>
>  * Compared the revision properties for the last committed revision in
>    the mirror repository and the same revision in the production
>    repository, and they look the same.
>    (svn proplist --revprop -v -r 85223 [REPO URL])
>
>  * Deleted the mirror repository, and re-created it.  I get the same
>    error when it tries to commit the same revision.
>
> Are there any other techniques or troubleshooting steps I can use to
> find the cause of this error and fix it?  I've searched the mailing
> list archives, and this is the only thread I've found for this error
> message,
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=69732.
> Pointers to other threads or documentation I may have missed would be
> welcome.  Please let me know if there's any more information that I can
> provide which would help.
>
> Subversion Version: 1.4.3
> Repository Back End: fsfs
> Platform: Linux RHEL 4 (2.6.9-42.ELsmp x86_64)
>
> Much obliged,
>
> Jeff Ramnani

Googling for svnsync path "not present" also finds the following threads:

http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2008-04/0424.shtml

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2007-09/0064.shtml

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2007-11/0000.shtml