Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Afshartous, Nick" <na...@turbine.com> on 2016/01/21 14:53:28 UTC

Client versus cluster mode

Hi,

In an AWS EMR/Spark 1.5 cluster we're launching a streaming job from the driver node.  Would it make any sense in this case to use cluster mode ?  More specifically would there be any benefit that YARN would provide when using cluster but not client mode ?

    Nick

Re: Client versus cluster mode

Posted by Manoj Awasthi <aw...@gmail.com>.
The only difference is that in yarn-cluster mode your driver runs within a
yarn container (called AM or application master).

You would want to run your production jobs in yarn-cluster mode while for
development environment may do with yarn-client mode. Again, I think this
just a recommendation and not mandate.