Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org> on 2022/05/04 11:29:25 UTC

Docker support and ManifoldCF SDK

Hi folks,

I added an initial Docker support in the branch CONNECTORS-1492 and I have
also created a new issue related to the ManifoldCF SDK:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CONNECTORS/issues/CONNECTORS-1706

The current status of this new project is described in the issue,
practically it works correctly, we only need to provide some examples of
each type of connector.
So I'm wondering where we could host this new project.

Should we put the code in the main trunk?
In this case I could continue to work on the branch CONNECTORS-1492
creating a new folder in the root of the project with the sdk.
I have to confess that following this way it sounds strange to me because
the sdk is referring to the source code downloading it during the
initialization process.

Or should we create a separate project for this sdk?
It sounds better to me this approach but I would like to receive your
feedback.

Please let me know.
Thanks.

Cheers,
PJ

--
Piergiorgio

Re: Docker support and ManifoldCF SDK

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

I have just shared in my github account the project:
https://github.com/OpenPj/manifoldcf-sdk

This is just a temporary location, it would be great to have it managed
officially in the ASF.

The main run.sh script is currently available only for Linux but I think
that can be easily converted for Windows.
Probably a lot of things can be embedded in the pom.xml using the
docker-maven-plugin so please consider that this is just the first version.

Please let me know what you think.
Thanks.

Cheers,
PJ