Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bipin Thakur <bt...@tibco.com> on 2007/08/18 12:18:47 UTC

Distributed testing using Jmeter

Hi,

Recently I came to know about Jmeter. It is really a simple and very useful testing tool.

In addition to the documented feature of distributed testing, I have a different scenario to test. Let us think of performance testing for a JMS server where publisher/subscriber are running on a server other than the JMS Server. I want to run JMS sender application on HOST A, JMS subscriber application on HOST B and the JMS Server on a third machine HOST C to simulate a real life scenario. This would need provision of additional parameters, other than "ProvideURL".

I want to know whether it is possible to make a test plan to do this kind of distributed testing.

I would highly appreciate your help and directions in this regard.

Sincere regards,
Bipin Thakur

Re: Distributed testing using Jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18/08/07, Bipin Thakur <bt...@tibco.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently I came to know about Jmeter. It is really a simple and very useful testing tool.
>
> In addition to the documented feature of distributed testing, I have a different scenario to test. Let us think of performance testing for a JMS server where publisher/subscriber are running on a server other than the JMS Server. I want to run JMS sender application on HOST A, JMS subscriber application on HOST B and the JMS Server on a third machine HOST C to simulate a real life scenario. This would need provision of additional parameters, other than "ProvideURL".

What additional parameters are needed?

> I want to know whether it is possible to make a test plan to do this kind of distributed testing.

JMeter already supports this sort of distributed testing, at least for
HTTP, FTP, TCP, etc - it can send requests to as many different
servers as you want.

If there is something missing from the JMS Samplers that prevents
this, please say what is missing.