Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Pavel Sigarteu <Pa...@infopulse.ro> on 2001/03/15 10:48:39 UTC

DOM Validation

	Hello,

	I'm having the following problem.

	I want to us DOM validation with Schema at runtime. I mean ... i
can read the DOM from a XML file ... at parsing the XMl is validated
acording the specified Schema ... but after that ... when I start ading
element and modifieing the contents I can put anything in there.
	Is there a method to specify that I want validations to take
place every time I modify the Elements?

	If there is none ... has someone a ideea how to inforce this?
I'm new to the XML technology ad I still don't know the guide-lines to
proper use the Xerces.

	Any sugestions are welcome ... please mail me.

	Thank you,
	Pavel Sigarteu

Re: DOM Validation

Posted by Elena Litani <hl...@jtcsv.com>.
Hi, Pavel,
Mailing list was split not a long time ago, so all user questions should
be sent to xerces-j-user.

Pavel Sigarteu wrote:

>         Hello,
>
>         I'm having the following problem.
>
>         I want to us DOM validation with Schema at runtime. I mean ... i
> can read the DOM from a XML file ... at parsing the XMl is validated
> acording the specified Schema ... but after that ... when I start ading
> element and modifieing the contents I can put anything in there.
>         Is there a method to specify that I want validations to take
> place every time I modify the Elements?

Xerces does not support revalidation of DOM document. You might want to
look at
Ken Rawlings's page - he has been trying to update
RevalidatingDOMParser:
http://www.vervet.com/~krawling/RevalidatingDOMParser.java.

Elena