Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by ziad kamel <zi...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/03 20:11:15 UTC

Mahout examples

Hi , I have the book mahout in Action , is there any other examples
about recommendations ? Thanks

Re: Mahout examples

Posted by ziad kamel <zi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Paritosh

Re: Mahout examples

Posted by Paritosh Ranjan <pr...@xebia.com>.

Re: Mahout examples

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Mahout does not have an implementation of pLSI. We have two examples for
a recommender that uses a parallel matrix factorization via Alternating
Least Squares:

examples/bin/factorize-movielens-1M.sh
examples/bin/factorize-netflix.sh

--sebastian

Re: Mahout examples

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
Ziad,

you can look at SSVD/PCA doc on mahout wiki. It has an overview
section, which is not technically tutorial per se, but gives you
necessary background to use PCA/dimensionality reduction and LSA
fold-in/ similarity measure techniques. (well, perhaps not
similarities, not there).

 PCA/Dimensionality reduction  also just one step and is fully
supported by this single step assuming you have your data prepped
row-wise. I am not sure that there's much of tutorial to be had there,
again, it's one step as explained there. SVD-based LSA (and especially
LSI) is a somewhat more involved topic, but then again you can use
df/itf pipeline ( seq2sparse, etc) as defined in the book and then run
SSVD on the results to get desired LSA space. One detail that is often
desired for LSA fold-ins and which may not be (i am not sure)
described in sufficient detail in the book is the dictionary structure
(which probably still will have to be re-indexed in some more suitable
real-time format anyway).

SVD LSA is quite not the same as pLSA though (and i am not even sure
if Mahout supports pLSA pipeline. Mahout LDA is considered to be the
most successful push in that direction though.)

Re: Mahout examples

Posted by ziad kamel <zi...@gmail.com>.

RE: Mahout examples

Posted by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@hotmail.com>.