Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/24 16:15:26 UTC

Releasing v2.0-beta

Hi Community,
    As we have more confident about the code base of v2.x, it's time to
release a first version of new design and features.
    As Yang already forked 2.0-rc branch, the first release will base on
that and using "beta" for first attempt and collect more feedback before
release a final GA version.

    Detail features, improvements and bug fixes will coming later, the
majority changes are:
    1. New architecture with plug-able capability for input source, cubing
and storage.
    2. Streaming OLAP
    3. Fast Cubing Cubing
    4. Data Model changes
    5. ODBC Driver
    6. New GUI

     As today's offline discussion, Yang will be the release manager this
time.

     Please feel free to leave your comments here.

Best Regards!
---------------------

Luke Han

Re: Releasing v2.0-beta

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Absolutely will not! There's upgrade script and tool.

But upgrade is a complex progress, you have to pay attention every parts
and do enough testing
before migration.

Thanks.

Best Regards!
---------------------

Luke Han

Re: Releasing v2.0-beta

Posted by 杨海乐 <ya...@letv.com>.
not lose cube I have built and metadata

Re: Releasing v2.0-beta

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
What's mean nothing lost?

Best Regards!

Luke Han

Re: Releasing v2.0-beta

Posted by 杨海乐 <ya...@letv.com>.
Can I upgrade Kylin1.0 to Kylin2.0 with noting lost?