Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Blackwings <lo...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/08 16:47:08 UTC

[T5] Calling URL without pages

Hi everybody!

I'm developping a simple login/registration web site with T5. It works
normally, no problems... but what I want to do is to bypass the use of the
formular using a url like
http://www.myloginsite.com/start?login=mylogin&password=mypassword&fromoutside=yes.

I'd like to call directly the onSuccess method after having automatically
fill the fromOutside field. In the onSuccess, it reacts differently
regarding the existence of fromOutside (return an xml instead of a page).

Anyway, I didn't manage to call the onSuccess method in the page. I
understand that such URL call a page and not a servlet, so I was almost sure
it wouldn't work...

Any idea how I could manage that?
Thanks,

Michael

Re: [T5] Calling URL without pages

Posted by Blackwings <lo...@gmail.com>.
I can't use filter. In fact, I have a swing application implemented with
HttpClient that try to authenticate a user by calling my Tapestry5 web
application. The server will receive my request and should return an xml
response with the user information or any other response.
Filter are used to change/adapt/... the request/response content before the
treatment, but I don't need that. I need a treatment and a direct answer.

I developped the authentication mecanism using the tapestry-ioc via a module
with a buildUserHandler method creates an instance of UserHandlerImpl which
implements UserHandler interface and return it to the caller. I want to
reuse that mecanism.

I think I need to implement a web service mecanism (Axis?) unless there is
another solution using T5.

Thanks

Michael

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.