Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gopal Ramasammy-Cook <go...@psyber.wits.ac.za> on 2001/12/05 11:24:26 UTC

Getting a USER_ID from Turbine User

Hi

Why is it not possible to retrieve  a USER_ID from the Turbine User table? I tried the getPerm method, it returns null. I made sure I had a user to work with since I could retrieve a login name etc. Is there something special about the USER_ID?

TIA,
Karim

Re: Getting a USER_ID from Turbine User

Posted by "Skondras P." <pa...@acn.gr>.
Frans Thamura wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would you send me the full run version of the script?
>
> Frans

The full run script is  the following

    public void doPerform( RunData data, Context ctx )
        throws Exception
    {
        String username = data.getParameters().getString ( "username", "" );
        String password = data.getParameters().getString ( "password", "" );

        User user = null;
        try
        {
            // Authenticate the user and get the object.
            user = TurbineSecurity.getAuthenticatedUser( username.toUpperCase(),
password );
            //check whether he is allowed to enter from this ip

            // Store the user object.
            data.setUser(user);

            // Mark the user as being logged in.
            user.setHasLoggedIn(new Boolean(true));

            // Set the last_login date in the database.
            user.updateLastLogin();

            // This only happens if the user is valid; otherwise, we
            // will get a valueBound in the User object when we don't
            // want to because the username is not set yet.  Save the
            // User object into the session.
            data.save();

            // A CSR user belong to one or more group in differents realm
            // we load all this parameter in the session
            long userID = Long.parseLong((((BaseObject)data.getUser()).
                              getPrimaryKey().getValue().toString()));

        }
        catch ( TurbineSecurityException e )
        {

data.getTemplateInfo().setScreenTemplate(TurbineResources.getString("template.login"));

            data.setMessage(Localization.getString(data, "AUTH_LOGIN_ERROR"));
        }

    }

This script logsin a user using the turbine db and
stores the user in the data object in the session
from there you can get the User object and get the user id as i mentioned before

Re: Getting a USER_ID from Turbine User

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Skondras P." <pa...@acn.gr>.