Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bengali Bengali <be...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/20 15:24:22 UTC

Custom response for parsing errors

Hi,

I 'd like to return a custom message when the message sent to
my Webservice is not well formed. Instead of returning a SOAPFault
I would like to return a normal response. An element of the response
will be used to set a specific status code for parsing error.

I tried to do that with an Axis handler overriding the invoke(MessageContext
ctx) throws AxisFault
and onFault(MessageContext messagecontext) methods but it does not work.
But none method of the handler is invoked when the message is not well
formed.
(not that my handler is invoked properly when the message is well formed).

How can i intercept parsing errors ?

Thanks,
Luc

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<soapenv:Body>
<soapenv:Fault>
<faultstring>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The end-tag for element type
&quot;Folder&quot; must end with a '&gt;' delimiter.</faultstring>
<detail>
<ns1:hostname xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">myhost</ns1:hostname>
</detail>
</soapenv:Fault>