Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Steve La Porta <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/24 20:52:41 UTC

Signature

Good morning. I have created a letter of agreement document in Apache Open Office 4.0.1. that I will be sending to a client. At the end of the document, I have included two lines for signatures -- for both myself and the client. I have never explored the realm of digital signatures. Is there a feature in Open Office that will allow me to create and paste a digital copy of my signature onto the document that doesn't include scanning? I do not currently have a copy of my signature on my computer. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Steve La Porta

_______________________________

Steve La Porta
Albany, CA

*Drummer/Percussionist and Instructor
*Drum and Percussion Repair
*Marketing & Advertising Writer/Strategist

stevejlaporta@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/stephen.la.porta

Home: 510-525-9612
Mobile: 510-292-7080

Re: Signature

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
Steve La Porta wrote:
> Good morning. I have created a letter of agreement document in Apache Open Office 4.0.1. that I will be sending to a client. At the end of the document, I have included two lines for signatures -- for both myself and the client. I have never explored the realm of digital signatures. Is there a feature in Open Office that will allow me to create and paste a digital copy of my signature onto the document that doesn't include scanning? I do not currently have a copy of my signature on my computer. Thanks for your help.

OpenOffice supports digital signatures.  To use it, you have to get an
X.509 certificate from a certificate authority.  There are commercial
ones, such as Verisign, but there are also free ones, at least for
personal use.  I got mine from www.comodo.com.  A digital signature has
nothing do do with lines you leave on the document.  There's info on
digital certificates in the OpenOffice help.  You can also use the X.509
certificates for email signing and encryption.

http://www.comodo.com/resources/small-business/digital-certificates4.php
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X.509