Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr> on 2015/06/01 21:45:59 UTC

Bootstrap in framework folder

Hello,

I'm working on the bootstrap theme branch and I have a question that
seems to need a full topic.

I want to move the bootstrap framework from the theme folder to
ofbizroot/framework/image/webapp/image.

Why ?
Just because if we need any bootstrap rendering, it will be available in
the framework.
Even if it's for core tools.

I don't want to replace old theme but I want to be allow to use
bootstrap framework anywhere in the software :
     - For the login page
     - For charts widget
     - For new theme

Want do you think ?

Thanks,

Julien.

Re: Bootstrap in framework folder

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Having the theme behave as a self contained component gives you
configurability and flexibility. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6362. The Bootstrap theme can
be treated as such.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Posted by Gavin Mabie <kw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr>.
Le 02/06/2015 07:16, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
> Hi Julien,
>
> I remember in the earlier days of discussion on integrating bootstrap that you were the one who initially hesitated about putting bootstrap in the framework and you wanted the whole thing isolated outside in the theme
No, I was against to have menu and other html standard structure in the
framework.

>   (the description of OFBIZ-5840 shows that).
>
> Are there any difficulties that you encountered which made you reconsider integrating at the framework level? Why not just apply classes to whatever you have in the framework (login screen etc) and then let CSS do its magic?
It could be interesting to have it in the framework to be able to add
some tools. I just think about this kind of charts :
http://ironsummitmedia.github.io/startbootstrap-sb-admin-2/pages/index.html
(area chart, bar chart and donut chart)

I plan to add each charts as a easy to use tool. And I think it could be
logical to use a framework tool (bootstrap) and not a tool in an
external theme for rendering...

Maybe I have to know what are the criteria to add something in the
framework :)

Thanks for your help :)

Julien.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

I remember in the earlier days of discussion on integrating bootstrap that you were the one who initially hesitated about putting bootstrap in the framework and you wanted the whole thing isolated outside in the theme (the description of OFBIZ-5840 shows that).

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.