Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Smith, Matt (MAN-Corporate)" <Ma...@cox.com> on 2004/02/06 16:19:48 UTC

insert space in xdoc?

Hello,

I have been trying to insert a space after an <a href> in an xdoc that is
transformed into html but have been unsuccessful.

"<a href="http://something.com">something</a> something after the space"

I have tried <j:whitespace trim="false"> </j:whitespace>, &nbsp; (which is
not valid), as welll as CData section.  How do I get a space added when
generating html?

thanks in advance

Matt

Re: insert space in xdoc?

Posted by Klemen Zagar <kl...@cosylab.com>.
Hi, Matt.

Smith, Matt (MAN-Corporate) wrote:
> I have been trying to insert a space after an <a href> in an xdoc that is
> transformed into html but have been unsuccessful.
>
> "<a href="http://something.com">something</a> something after the space"
>
> I have tried <j:whitespace trim="false"> </j:whitespace>, &nbsp; (which is
> not valid), as welll as CData section.  How do I get a space added when
> generating html?

Try

   &#160;

This is the same as &nbsp; except that you don't have to explicitly declare
the nbsp entity.

Cheers,
   Klemen.