Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/22 20:03:40 UTC

global and component access policies

There is a global level access policy for 'access all policies' (view and
modify). These access policies apply to components (e.g. processor) as well
as the controller. Even if a user is explicitly excluded from the component
level access policy 'view/modify the policies', the user still has access
due to the global level policy.

Is this correct/desired behavior?

It seems to me the component level access policies should allow the ability
for a global level policy to be overridden for a given component(s).

Re: global and component access policies

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.
Fair enough as long as it was a deliberate choice. In practice, it seems
the "one administrator to rule them all" will/should always have access to
all policies - even all component policies.

Thanks for the response.

-Mark

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Mark,