Posted to user@spark.apache.org by neeraj bhadani <bh...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/25 17:57:18 UTC

Blog : Apache Spark Window Functions

Hi Team,
     I would like to share with the community that my blog on "Apache Spark
Window Functions" got published. PFB link if anyone interested.

Link:
https://medium.com/expedia-group-tech/deep-dive-into-apache-spark-window-functions-7b4e39ad3c86

Please share your thoughts and feedback.

Regards,
Neeraj

Re: Blog : Apache Spark Window Functions

Posted by Anwar AliKhan <an...@gmail.com>.
Further to the feedback you requested ,
I forgot to mention another point , that with the insight you will gain
after three weeks spent  on  that course,
You will be on par with the  aformentioned minority of engineers who are
helping their companies "make tons of money" a quote from Professor Andrew
Ng.

You will no longer be  part of the majority of engineers
who are spending six months on analytical projects when from day one YOU
can see that wasn't going to work. Another quote from professor Andrew Ng.

If you value the idea of joining the minority engineers "making tons of
money
for companies"  then the same three weeks spent on that course will yield
greater value comparatively spent on writing Apache spark examples of the
type you are currently engaged in.

I have gone past week 3 😎🤐so I have the insight.

It is against my personal values to use a product which is given on a trial
period basis , so I use Free Octave , a project  started 32 years ago.
You can profit by MATLAB 's investment.
You can watch MATLAB videos on how use and apply what you have learnt  to
Octave  because the syntax is exactly the same.

Then you can parallelise your octave  app on Apache Spark. You can use
Apache spark on a standalone whilst you prototype then with one line of
code,  change the parallelism to a distributed  parallelism across
cluster(s) of PCs.

Posted by Anwar AliKhan <an...@gmail.com>.
My opinion would be go here.