Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org> on 2010/03/15 20:02:44 UTC

Can release:perform please not deploy the site?

I'm using Sonatype's hosting to stage my releases and sometimes need to drop back.

It's annoying to have it deploy the site docs when they don't conform to the actual released-on-central latest version.

I can't see an argument to stop this.

I suppose I could deploy to some bogus location by default, such as a different directory in target, and then have a profile that I can use to manually deploy, but it seems silly.

Any ideas?

BTW, in general, I like the release plugin a lot. You folks have done very good work on it.

-K

Re: Can release:perform please not deploy the site?

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org>.
Yep. Released and dropped and no site deploy! Again, thanks! -K

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2010-03-15 20:02, Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
> I'm using Sonatype's hosting to stage my releases and sometimes need to drop back.
>
> It's annoying to have it deploy the site docs when they don't conform to the actual released-on-central latest version.
>
> I can't see an argument to stop this.

You need this:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/perform-mojo.html#goals

Set it to "deploy" if you only want to deploy the artifact during release.

> I suppose I could deploy to some bogus location by default, such as a different directory in target, and then have a profile that I can use to manually deploy, but it seems silly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> BTW, in general, I like the release plugin a lot. You folks have done very good work on it.
>
> -K

Dennis Lundberg