Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Yana Kadiyska <ya...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/11 22:44:28 UTC

Re: Is it possible to use windows service to start and stop spark standalone cluster

You might also want to see if TaskScheduler helps with that. I have not
used it with Windows 2008 R2 but it generally does allow you to schedule a
bat file to run on startup

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/procrun.html

> From: <Wang>, "Ningjun (LNG-NPV)"
> Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 11:47 PM
> To: "user@spark.apache.org"
> Subject: Is it possible to use windows service to start and stop spark
standalone cluster

> We are using spark stand alone cluster on Windows 2008 R2. I can start
spark clusters by open an command prompt and run the following

> bin\spark-class.cmd org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master
>

> bin\spark-class.cmd org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.Worker spark://
mywin.mydomain.com:7077

> I can stop spark cluster by pressing Ctril-C.
>

> The problem is that if the machine is reboot, I have to manually start
the spark cluster again as above. Is it possible to use a windows service
to start cluster? This way when the machine is reboot, the windows service
will automatically restart spark cluster. How to stop spark cluster using
windows service is also a challenge.