Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rallavagu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/18 14:37:27 UTC

Parallel execution and Distributed setup

Hello All,

I have a setup of distributed testing with JMeter. I am trying to run
two JMX tests in parallel (using shell script) against same cluster. I
have tested parallel run of two jmeter tests locally without cluster and
it works. However, I notice that after first test is started, the second
test is failing as remote nodes are busy working on the first test. I
would like to know if this is the expected behavior (which seems
obvious) or is there a way that we can make make use of same remote
nodes for second test at the same time?

Thanks in advance

Re: Parallel execution and Distributed setup

Posted by em...@gmail.com.
> Can I still be able to use same remote nodes? As I have mentioned in my original e-mail, after first JMeter test is started, the second one fails because remote nodes are busy.

On the same remote node you would have to start Jmeter twice, on different ports.

On your workstation you start Jmeter twice, configured separately.

BTW, since you are doing remote load testing, I figured I should also mention yameter.com , a tool I've been working on.

Re: Parallel execution and Distributed setup

Posted by Rallavagu <ra...@gmail.com>.

On 10/18/17 11:36 AM, emilian.bold@gmail.com wrote:
> As far as I know, JMeter is not multi-document aware. So it will no edit/run multiple test files. The same I believe applies to the "server" remote instances.

Correct. I am not running multiple JMX with a single JMeter instance.
Instead, running multiple JMeter instances each with different single
JMX file. This works locally (without distributed setup).

> You could use the same machine for multiple load tests if you start multiple Jmeter instances using different ports.
Can I still be able to use same remote nodes? As I have mentioned in my
original e-mail, after first JMeter test is started, the second one
fails because remote nodes are busy.

Thanks for the response.