Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Sathyasuriya Priya <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/12 07:02:55 UTC

[gsoc] GCE support for Stratos demo

Hi Devs,

We will have a short demo of GCE support, discussion of remaining tasks.

Time: Wednesday 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM IST

Following is the Hangout URL.

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/c0umg7fu7t7bgdghqv7ibukt1d8

Thanks
Suriya

Re: [gsoc] GCE support for Stratos demo

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
Nice work! It was nice to see Stratos running on GCE. What are the follow
up items?

Azeez

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Sathyasuriya Priya <sathyasuriya@gmail.com

--
*Afkham Azeez*
Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com,

*email: **azeez@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>
* cell: +94 77 3320919 blog: **http://blog.afkham.org*
<http://blog.afkham.org>
*twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*
<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
* linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez
<http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez>*

*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*

Re: [gsoc] GCE support for Stratos demo

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Great work Suriya!

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Suriya successfully demoed the GCE integration to Stratos and you can find
> the session at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7GMH3UFDvg
>
> Please join me on Congratulating Suriya for all the hard work put on to
> this project and for the job very well done!
>
> We will create Jiras to track follow-up items.
>

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Please join
>> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/hoaevent/AP36tYf18pDJN18R6T0vIeK_l4K5FIsU4I8FJqm84ifehja7j2xV-w?authuser=0&hl=en
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Sathyasuriya Priya <
>> sathyasuriya@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>>
>>> We will have a short demo of GCE support, discussion of remaining tasks.
>>>
>>> Time: Wednesday 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM IST
>>>
>>> Following is the Hangout URL.
>>>
>>> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/c0umg7fu7t7bgdghqv7ibukt1d8
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Suriya
>>>

>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Nirmal
>>
>> Nirmal Fernando.
>> Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
>>
>> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Nirmal
>
> Nirmal Fernando.
> Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
>
> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Vice President, Apache Stratos

Re: [gsoc] GCE support for Stratos demo

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Suriya,

I am upgrading Jclouds to 1.8.1.

Can you please let me know why we cloned Jclouds google-compute-engine and
oauth to Stratos code base. Did you make any custom changes to Jclouds?

When I compared this clone with upstream, this is the only change I found,
which is in Image.java

<       // rawDisk may be null for user created private images
<       this.rawDisk = rawDisk; // checkNotNull(rawDisk, "rawDisk of %s",
name);
---
>       this.rawDisk = checkNotNull(rawDisk, "rawDisk of %s", name);

And read me says,

This code in Stratos is copied from Jclouds GCE [1]
The jclouds GCE code has 2 directories oauth & google-compute-engine
In Stratos, these two directories are mered into one.

Is there any specif reason to do this?

Thanks.

Rajkumar Rajaratnam
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
Software Engineer, WSO2

Re: [gsoc] GCE support for Stratos demo

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Indeed! Great work Suriya!!

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
All,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Sathyasuriya Priya <sathyasuriya@gmail.com

Posted by Sathyasuriya Priya <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Akila.

Posted by Sathyasuriya Priya <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all. Thanks for your full support in doing this project.

Thanks,
Suriya

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi Suriya,