Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by gard <ga...@hotmail.com> on 2006/04/25 15:31:04 UTC

Ruby Stomp client subscribe problem

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody know what is the problem with Ruby, Stomp and
ActiveMQ.

Env:
ActiveMQ snapshot - 24.April.2006
stomp-1.0.1
ruby 1.8.4
Ubuntu 2.6.9-34

Sending messages works fine, but when i try to subscribe and receive a
message the client just hangs and i get a warning message on the ActiveMQ
console log:
WARN  ManagedTransportConnection     - Failed to unregister mbean:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Type=Connection,Connection=ID_ubuntu-42492-1145826517660-3_3

I am using the test case and the client samples from
http://svn.stomp.codehaus.org/trunk/ruby/

It seems it hangs forever at these lines:
@client.subscribe(destination) {|msg| received = msg}
@client.send destination, message_text
sleep 0.01 until received

any pointers would be greatly appreciated

regards,

gard

Re: Ruby Stomp client subscribe problem

Posted by gard <ga...@hotmail.com>.
Thx for the info. But on my developer station and on our centos prod server
we are experiencing the same problem that we are not able to consume
messages with stomp using ruby using 4.0-RC3 and the snapshot version. The
only version that i have found where we are able to consume messages, is
3.2.2. On all the "newest" versions of activemq we are experiencing the same
problem that the client does not get a callback when messages are on a queue
the ruby stomp client is listening too. The only thing we see is a warning
message in the activemw console when the client connects.

WARN  ManagedTransportConnection     - Failed to unregister mbean:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Type=Connection,Connection=ID_ubuntu-38101-1146340811414-3_1

Re: Ruby Stomp client subscribe problem

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
FWIW we've spent a lot of time in 4.x working on the Stomp support and
fixing lots of problems - particularly for Ruby support which had
quite a few gremlins in it. I'd highly recommend you move to 4.0-RC3
if you are using Stomp with ActiveMQ.

On 4/25/06, gard <ga...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> FYI:
>
> With all things equal except for using latest ActiveMQ release, version
> 3.2.2 then stomp works fine. I am wondering if anybody has any clues about
> this? Otherwise i guess i have to dive into the ActiveMQ/Stomp source code.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: Ruby Stomp client subscribe problem