Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Harland <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/05 13:32:09 UTC

Help ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception catched

Hi,

I have a list of contact objects and I am wrapping each object in a class has the id and a boolean for checkboxes. When I post the data and try to read to values I get the following error

12:27:23,611 INFO  [STDOUT] 12:27:23,611 ERROR [ParametersInterceptor] ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception catched: Error setting expression 'contacts[0].id' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@909643'

Can anyone tell me why this is happening please.

Dave.

Re: Help ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception catched

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- David Harland <ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a list of contact objects and I am wrapping
> each object in a class has the id and a boolean for
> checkboxes. When I post the data and try to read to
> values I get the following error

ContactsWrapper probably just needs a default ctor.

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/type-conversion.html

Note specifically the line from the "Null Property
Handling":

"""
If the null property is a simple bean with a no-arg
constructor, it will simply be created using the
{@link ObjectFactory#buildBean(java.lang.Class,
java.util.Map)} method.
"""

Since ContactsWrapper only had
ContactsWrapper(Contact) it's not a normal JavaBean
(IIRC JavaBeans require default, no-arg ctors, but I
could be remembering that incorrectly).

d.