Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ben Tatham <be...@nanometrics.ca> on 2007/01/17 21:34:33 UTC

Extracting parts of web.xml

Does anyone have any experience extracts specific tags of an xml file?

I need to extract the <servlet> and <servlet-mapping> tags from my
web.xml so that I can feed those into XDoclet WebDoclet so that I can
generate a web.xml file while still preserving existing servlets.

Is there a known Maven plugin (or perhaps one in Ant I can wrap into
Maven) to do this?  Perhaps someone knows of a simple perl script to do
this?

-Ben

Re: Extracting parts of web.xml

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
This question should probably be directed to the XDoclet Users mailing list...

However, since I know the answer... Have you looked at using the
"merge" capabilities of XDoclet to achieve your goals?

http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/xdoclet/ant/xdoclet/modules/web/WebXmlSubTask.html
servlets.xml	An XML unparsed entity containing the servlet elements
for any additional servlets not processed by XDoclet.
servlet-mappings.xml	An XML unparsed entity containing the
servlet-mapping elements for any additional servlets not processed by
XDoclet.

Wayne