Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Ramakrishnan.G" <ra...@sakinfotech.co.in> on 2002/03/06 05:30:45 UTC

Fop Multithreading.

Hai,

I am using FOp to generate PDF and PS from xml and xsl.
I runs very slow. Is it possible to thread the entire application after
Driver class instantiation.

I found that in Driver class of fop the

	render(XMLReader,InputSource) is declared synchronous. From this i got
confused
whether  fop allows threads. Please someone help me to implement the app in
multi-threads.

I want to reuse Driver object.

Thanks and Regards

Ramakrishnan.G

Re: Fop Multithreading.

Posted by Bart Locanthi <ba...@sabl.com>.
threading isn't going to reduce the amount of cpu time it takes to do
anything.

in fact, if you have the misfortune to use PipedInputStreams, you will
find dead time with each stage of your pipeline. an amazing gaffe for a
unix company in their marquis language.