Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/09 06:14:43 UTC

[build] can't run the tests with new VM

I'm trying to build and run the tests with the new v4 VM and getting
the following error no Windows:

compile.tests:
     [echo] Compiling RMI api tests
    [javac] Compiling 6 source files to C:\WS\Harmony1\modules\rmi\bin\test\api
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

run.tests.api:
     [echo] Running RMI api tests
    [junit] Running org.apache.harmony.rmi.RegistryTest
    [junit] (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software Foundation or its licen
sors, as applicable.
    [junit] java version 1.5 (subset)

    [junit] Failed to open JVM DLL: C:\WS\Harmony1\deploy\jdk\jre\bin\default\ha
rmonyvm (Access is denied. )

Linux is OK

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Mikhail

Re: [build] can't run the tests with new VM

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
Ive just tried this on my Win XP SP2 machine and all test run through fine
for me.

The "Access is denied" error sounds symptomatic of another process holding
onto the file and blocking your test run. Are there any other java processes
hanging around that might be causing problems?

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Hmm, works for me on Win XP SP2.  What are you using?
>
> Anyone else see this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>
> Mikhail Loenko wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build and run the tests with the new v4 VM and getting
>> the following error no Windows:
>>
>> compile.tests:
>>     [echo] Compiling RMI api tests
>>    [javac] Compiling 6 source files to
>> C:\WS\Harmony1\modules\rmi\bin\test\api
>>    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
>>    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
>>
>> run.tests.api:
>>     [echo] Running RMI api tests
>>    [junit] Running org.apache.harmony.rmi.RegistryTest
>>    [junit] (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software Foundation or
>> its licen
>> sors, as applicable.
>>    [junit] java version 1.5 (subset)
>>
>>    [junit] Failed to open JVM DLL:
>> C:\WS\Harmony1\deploy\jdk\jre\bin\default\ha
>> rmonyvm (Access is denied. )
>>
>> Linux is OK
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mikhail

Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Re: [build] can't run the tests with new VM

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.
I got the same error randomly today, haven't looked inside, but I
suspect there may be some test case specifies the port number.

Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab
IBM

Re: [build] can't run the tests with new VM

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
One test still fail:

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> Seems like it isn't related to the new VM - I see similar error message
> on "svn move".
>
> But the problem with running the tests disappeared  :)

So all tests pass on your machine now?

Regards,
Oliver

> Thanks,
> Mikhail
>
> 2006/8/9, Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>:
>> I've completly removed not only VME but the whole workspace,
>> restarted machine and reproduced the problem
>>
>> I'll try to create different project and check
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mikhail
>>
>> 2006/8/9, Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>:
>> > So you can completely delete the VME from your workspace (remove
>> the default
>> > directory), unpack the zip again and recreate the problem?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Oliver

>> drive.

>> tried

>> getting

>> operations.

>> Foundation or

>> harmony-dev-help@incubator.apache.org

>> harmony-dev-help@incubator.apache.org
>> > >

>> > --
>> > Oliver Deakin
>> > IBM United Kingdom Limited

Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Re: [build] can't run the tests with new VM

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
I removed workspace, rebooted the machine, checked out from SVN
and built :)

Posted by Vladimir Strigun <vs...@gmail.com>.
Mikhail,

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.