Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paul Tenfjord <pa...@tenfjord.net> on 2006/07/27 14:01:30 UTC

MailWatch on separate server

Hello all.

I am configuring a setup where mysql is installed on a separate computer.
I have two computers, one running postfix and mailscanner, the second running
mysql and some other services.
MailScanner is configured to log to SQL to the second computer.

I am now trying to set up mailwatch on the second computer so that my mailhub
is purely postfix and mailscanner.
However under mailwatches conf.php I have to define both  MailScanner path and
Spamassassin path, so my question is this simple:
Is it possible to install Mailwatch on a different server then Mailscanner?

Hints and suggestions are highly apprecitated

Kind Regard Paul

Re: MailWatch on separate server

Posted by Martin Hepworth <ma...@solid-state-logic.com>.
Paul Tenfjord wrote:
> Hello all.
>

> I am configuring a setup where mysql is installed on a separate computer.
> I have two computers, one running postfix and mailscanner, the second running
> mysql and some other services.
> MailScanner is configured to log to SQL to the second computer.
>
> I am now trying to set up mailwatch on the second computer so that my mailhub
> is purely postfix and mailscanner.
> However under mailwatches conf.php I have to define both  MailScanner path and
> Spamassassin path, so my question is this simple:
> Is it possible to install Mailwatch on a different server then Mailscanner?
>
> Hints and suggestions are highly apprecitated
>
> Kind Regard Paul

Kinda the wrong emailing list - try the mailwatch list and we'll tell
you how to do it from there.

Also hang around IRC for more than 30 seconds when you ask a question,
some of us have day jobs ya know ;-)

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator