Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com> on 2013/03/23 21:18:24 UTC

Re: customize solr search/scoring for performance

Robert,

I also wonder why it always request to collect doclist in-order
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/trunk/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/search/SolrIndexSearcher.java#L1469
Do you think it make sense to raise a JIRA to allow out of order
collecting?

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:34 AM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Whenever I look at solr users' stacktraces for disjunctions, I always
> notice they get BooleanScorer2.
>
> Is there some reason for this or is it not intentional (e.g. maybe a
> in-order collector is always being used when its possible at least in
> simple cases to allow for out-of-order hits?)
>
> When I examine test contributions from clover reports (e.g.
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-Clover-4.x/49/clover-report/),
> I notice that only lucene tests, and solr spellchecking tests actually
> hit BooleanScorer's collect. All other solr tests hit BooleanScorer2.
>
> If its possible to allow for an out of order collector in some common
> cases (e.g. large disjunctions w/ minShouldMatch generated by solr
> queryparsers), it could be a nice performance improvement.
>
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM, jchen2000 <jc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > The following was generated from jvisualvm. Seems like the perf is
> related to
> > scoring a lot. Any idea/pointer on how to customize that part?
> >
> > <http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4019850/profilingResult.png>
> >

> > --

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev