Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by carl collins <ca...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/03 15:14:09 UTC

Reporting some failing Integration tests(fineract)

Hello ,
I am  Carl Collins Wayig, a software engineering student from Cameroon. I
will love to contribute to the fineract project. I have setup fineract
locally and while running integration tests some tests failed. Attached to
this email is  a picture of test summary generated.

Re: Reporting some failing Integration tests(fineract)

Posted by dy...@disroot.org.
Hi Carl,

The fresh DB suggestion by Santosh was a good idea.
I had similar issues about failing integration tests on my local environment only.

If you are making a PR to Fineract, then it automatically runs Travis CI with correct testing configuration and you can be sure it's correct.
However if you're not making a PR and still want to run the tests, then maybe you can try to setup the test configuration like Travis CI does.
See https://travis-ci.org/apache/fineract/builds/538363572 for the current develop branch Travis integration test steps.

First I would navigate through your test report index.html until you see the actual error output log about the failed tests.
If your failing integration tests are date/time related you can maybe try these suggestions:
	* Travis build sets an environment variable for time zone: export TZ=Asia/Kolkata
	* Travis also stops the ntp service and hardcodes the current date to: February 23, 2019 01:02:03 AM.
	* These commands are for Linux - you might have to research how to adapt these commands if you're using Windows.
Also see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-707 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-707)
Most of the failing tests in FINERACT-707 have been marked as closed.

I'm not positive that this will solve your tests, but it helped mine.
Hopefully that can be of some help to you.

Regards
-- Dylan

June 5, 2019 6:08 AM, "carl collins" <carlcollinswayig@gmail.com (mailto:carlcollinswayig@gmail.com?to=%22carl%20collins%22%20<ca...@gmail.com>)> wrote:
 Hi Santosh,
 I dropped the database,then recreated it as you suggested. This time when I run the integration tests, 3 tests fail as seen in the screenshot of the report attached.
Thanks
Carl
 On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 8:04 AM carl collins <carlcollinswayig@gmail.com (mailto:carlcollinswayig@gmail.com)> wrote:  I didn't. I will try that now
 On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 5:40 AM Santosh Math <santosh@confluxtechnologies.com (mailto:santosh@confluxtechnologies.com)> wrote:   Hi Carl,  Did you run it in fresh database? or drop the database, recreate and then run it.
 On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 8:44 PM carl collins <carlcollinswayig@gmail.com (mailto:carlcollinswayig@gmail.com)> wrote: Hello ,
I am Carl Collins Wayig, a software engineering student from Cameroon. I will love to contribute to the fineract project. I have setup fineract locally and while running integration tests some tests failed. Attached to this email is a picture of test summary generated.
-- Thanks & Regards

	Santosh Math

	QA Engineer

	Conflux Technologies Pvt Ltd (http://www.confluxtechnologies.com/)   | Office: +91-080-41208662 |

	Address: #304, 2nd Floor, 7th Main Road, HRBR Layout 1st Block, Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560043 INDIA

Re: Reporting some failing Integration tests(fineract)

Posted by carl collins <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Santosh,

Posted by carl collins <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hello Frank,
Everything seems good now. All tests passed.
Apparently, I was having failures because I forked from the wrong branch.
Now I am using the  "Develop" branch and everything works fine. See
screenshot attached.

Cheers,
Carl.

Posted by Frank Nkuyahaga <ha...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> I didn't. I will try that now
>
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 5:40 AM Santosh Math <
> santosh@confluxtechnologies.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Carl,
>>
>> Did you run it in fresh database? or drop the database, recreate and then
>> run it.
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 8:44 PM carl collins <ca...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello ,
>>> I am  Carl Collins Wayig, a software engineering student from Cameroon.
>>> I will love to contribute to the fineract project. I have setup fineract
>>> locally and while running integration tests some tests failed. Attached to
>>> this email is  a picture of test summary generated.
>>>

>> --
>> Thanks & Regards
>>
>> Santosh Math
>>
>> *QA Engineer*
>>
>> *Conflux Technologies Pvt Ltd <http://www.confluxtechnologies.com/>*
>> | *Office*: +91-080-41208662 |
>>
>> *Address*: #304, 2nd Floor, 7th Main Road, HRBR Layout 1st Block,
>> Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560043
>> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/7th+Main+Road,+HRBR+Layout+1st+Block,+Bengaluru,+Karnataka,+560043+%C2%A0INDIA?entry=gmail&source=g>
>>  INDIA
>> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/7th+Main+Road,+HRBR+Layout+1st+Block,+Bengaluru,+Karnataka,+560043+%C2%A0INDIA?entry=gmail&source=g>
>>
> --
Frank Nkuyahaga

Re: Reporting some failing Integration tests(fineract)

Posted by carl collins <ca...@gmail.com>.
I didn't. I will try that now

Posted by Santosh Math <sa...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi Carl,