Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Kay Kay <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/13 17:27:46 UTC

SOLR-1107 Lifecycle management for Solr

In CoreContainer - before the instantiation of the individual SolrCore-s ,
we need to perform book-keeping / loading that could be used by the request
handlers and search components in the solrcores.
Currently there seems to be no way to provide the hook / lifecycle handler
to corecontainer to do the same.

Submitted a patch as mentioned above in the subject to do the same. Can
somebody help review it.

Re: SOLR-1107 Lifecycle management for Solr

Posted by Kay Kay <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi -
   Can somebody help look into this about lifecycle management ( backward
compatible still ) hooks to be available.  We need this in our multi-core
context where we need to perform some lifecycle management before the rest
of the stuff gets loaded. Thanks.