Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/05 06:31:48 UTC

Working with xm files

Hi,

Can somebody help me with this use case.

I need to store large amount of xml files. I plan to convert these xml
files into json and then store into Mongodb or Hbase. The use Apache drill
to query the data.

Or is it possible to directly store xml into HDFS and query the xml using
apache drill.

Please let me know the best practice. All I need is to query the data in
the xml and put up a dashboard e.g like top 10 products etc

Regards
Niranjan

Re: Working with xm files

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Niranjan,
There is no direct support for querying XML files via Drill yet - but there
are two things I can think on top of my mind for your use case.

1. Use Hive to load Xml data and query the hive table via Drill
2. Convert the Xml to Json by any mechanism of your choice and query the
Json file via Drill directly (or insert the Json to Mongo and query mongo)

Also, would you like to contribute to Drill Xml Reader ? It would be a nice
feature for users.