Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Susan Richards <Ri...@matc.edu> on 2007/10/26 20:22:50 UTC

SSL Help - keystore problem

Last year, I was learning how to install an SSL cert on Tomcat 5.0.  The matter was confused by the fact that we needed 2 certs because we had a live site and test site on the same server but the live system was going to be moved to another server.  We managed to screw up the test SSL certificate and never got it installed.  We did successfully install the live cert.  We had tried to create 2 separate keystores.  The live site is now on another server.

Anyway, I finally got back to replacing the test SSL cert.  I decided to move all the old keystore and cert files to an oldSSL directory.  Everything but the -trustcacerts file moved.  Then I proceeded to create a new keystore, using the default of .keystore.  I ordered the certificate, and installed the intermediate cert and the new cert.  No problems.  The .keystore was updated in my home directory, but I copied it to /home/xxxxx
When I startup the web server, I get this error in the catalina.out:

SEVERE: Catalina.start:
LifecycleException:  service.getName(): "Catalina";  Protocol handler start failed: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/xxxxx/keystore (No such file or directory (errno:2))

The old keystore was called keystore, but the new one is called .keystore.  When I change the conf file to look for .keystore, I get this error:

SEVERE: Catalina.start:
LifecycleException:  service.getName(): "Catalina";  Protocol handler start failed: java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

I tried specifying the password, but that didn't work either.  Does anyone know what went wrong here?