Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Wilson Ikeda <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/28 18:55:41 UTC

Re: users Digest 28 Dec 2009 16:16:59 -0000 Issue 3955

One more thing to add to Peter's mail:
I'm not a security expert, I know some common exploits and how to secure
against them but certainly these guys are much more informed than me (spring
security - apache shiro devs). That's why even on small apps that have a
face on the web i use them. Security is something that I don't want to worry
later nor my knowledge area, how many people on this list constantly go to
sites devoted to security? excluding Kalle of course : ), JM2C.

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com>.
Security by ignorance does not work in general if you want to secure your site
you better know what you are doing otherwise hire someone who can explain
how to do it but never blindly trust anyone.

In general though security is no rocket science, although ppl developing
frameworks and tools around it purposefully or not would make you believe
otherwise.