Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ma...@wildfire.com on 2002/06/14 16:25:13 UTC

Problems using HttpSessionBindingListener with Axis

I have a class called SessionInfo which holds information about a client
session (most importantly, a remote reference to a stateful session bean).

This class implements the HttpSessionBindingListener and
HttpSessionActivationListener interfaces, so that this class is notified
whenever the
data is unbound from a session, or when the session is passivated.

I am adding this object to the session attributes using the following code
in my Axis service:

   sessionInfo = new SessionInfo();

   Session session = MessageContext.getCurrentContext().getSession() ;

   session.set("SessionInfo", sessionInfo);

My code all compiles and deploys properly (no errors).

However, at runtime I get the following exception:

   java.lang.VerifyError: (class: SessionInfo, method: valueUnbound
signature: (Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpSessionBindingEvent;)V) Incompatible
      argument to function.

The strange thing is that this exception is thrown when the SessionInfo()
object is constructed - the valueUnbound() function hasn't even been
called.

As soon as I remove the implementations of the HttpSessionBindingListener
and HttpSessionActivationListener interfaces, everything works fine.

I am using JBoss 2.4.4 with Tomcat 4.0.1 with Axis beta2.

Has anyone seen this before, or have any ideas what could be causing the
problem?

I haven't tried doing this in a normal servlet yet, but I suspect it would
work.

-Mark

There is no spoon.