Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Darren Hall <dh...@utrs.com> on 2006/09/19 21:47:13 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite rules?? (short version)

I need to manipulate an incoming (and outgoing) url using Apache 2.2.

Essentially, I need to be able to receive an incoming request with a url
looking like www.domain.com/home/about/index.jsp and re-write it by
inserting an extra path element like so
-www.domain.com/extra/home/about/index.jsp (notice the new "extra" after the
domain) then proxy the request on to Tomcat. When the response is received
back from Tomcat, I need to rewrite the url back to its original form by
removing the extra path information I had inserted on the way in (using
proxy reverse?).

Does anyone know how to accomplish this using Apache 2.2??

Thanks,

Darren

Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite rules?? (short version)

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/19/06, Darren Hall <dh...@utrs.com> wrote:

> I have this problem figured out.
>
> I was able to come up with a solution using a combination of mod proxy and
> mod rewrite.

I though wou wouldn't need a rewrite for this.

Just a

<VirtualHost *.*>
ServerName www.abc.com
ProxyPass /   http://mytomcatserver/abc/
ProxyPassReverse  /   http://mytomcatserver/abc/
</VirtualHost>

ought to do this...

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland

RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite rules?? (short version)

Posted by Darren Hall <dh...@utrs.com>.
I have this problem figured out.

I was able to come up with a solution using a combination of mod proxy and
mod rewrite.

I didn't want anyone wasting time on this.

Thanks,

Darren