Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Oberle, Christoph" <Ob...@his.de> on 2021/01/28 07:09:02 UTC

[Axis2] Possible flaw in wsdl2java documentation? (jaxbri supported or not)

Hello all,

I'm completely new to this mailing list, I hope my request is best placed here.

In the Axis2 code generator tool reference under
http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/tools/CodegenToolReference.html

in "Command Line Version - Option Reference" it says for "databinding" :
'... Valid values are xmlbeans, adb, jibx, and none. Default is adb.'

Similarly, in "Ant Task Reference" below, it says for "databindingName" :
'Possible values include "adb", "xmlbeans", "jibx".'

In both cases, JAXB RI is not mentioned, so it seems that it isn't officially supported.

However, when invoking wsdl2java with "-d jaxbri", the tool generates the code as expected.
Also, I came across the Axis2 Reference Guide under
https://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/reference.html

where - under "WSDL2JavaReference" - it says :
'-d <databinding> ... Valid databinding(s) are adb, xmlbeans, jibx and jaxbri (Default: adb).'

So, in contrast to the tool reference mentioned above, JAXB RI seems to be officially supported.

Could someone please help me to resolve this?
Is this just a flaw in the documentation, or shall JAXB RI not be supported / maintained in the future?
Thank you very much for your help!

With kind regards
- Christoph

Re: [Axis2] Possible flaw in wsdl2java documentation? (jaxbri supported or not)

Posted by robertlazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
I started to look into this.

 Jaxbri support was added after these docs were initially written, and they
never got updated.

Just wanted to reply to say I expect to have some upcoming commits here.
I'll reply here when I know more ... It's fairly quick work but I haven't
got to it yet.