Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/31 21:54:26 UTC

Apache 2.2, mod_ssl and Named Virtual Host

Hi to all,

Did you know if it's possible to use Named Virtual Host with SSL (mod_ssl) ?

I got various replies :

This article (in French), say it's possible (may be using a self
signed certificate which is evil).

http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/breves/ssl_virtualhosts.html.fr

But for example Thawte document say it's not possible.

"If you have secure virtual hosts, each will need its own IP, as SSL
does not support Name-based virtual
hosts. SSL cannot be configured on Name Based VirtualHosts unless
these VirtualHosts use different SSL
ports."

I could only use one IP/Port on the machine and use it to serve about
25 Named Virtual Host ;'(

It seems mod_gnutls could do the job, but if possible I'd like to stay
with mod_ssl.

Advices/experiences more than welcome.

Thanks again.

Re: Apache 2.2, mod_ssl and Named Virtual Host

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Good to know it should works from experts ;)

I hope thawte could provide us such wildcards certs or required pki
stuff.

Many thanks again ;)

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.