Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Tobias Joch <to...@googlemail.com> on 2005/12/04 09:42:25 UTC

[DeltaV] Version-Controlled-Collection / Baseline

Hello @all,

sorry for my mail, but I think this is the only place with people how can
answer me one question about Slide J

I hope, you can help me…

For one of my projects I think about to use Jakarta Slide as content
repository layer. The feature set covers nearly all I need. J

I miss only one: the Version-Controlled-Collection Feature (see a nice
description @ http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3253.html#version-controlled-collection.feature
).

After a short study of the source code I found some hints about this feature
inside of Slide (E.g.
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-slide/src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/webdav/util/resourcekind/VersionControlledCollectionImpl.java?rev=1.1&view=log).
But it seems to be not finished yet? Is this right?

If this is so, is there any other best practice to implement nearly the same
behavior? Perhaps with baselines? I am realy new in WebDAV and Slide and I
wonder if Slide support baselines for collections and if it would help me by
versioning collections?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Best regards,

Tobias Joch