Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stavros Konstantaras <s....@uva.nl> on 2016/04/13 15:20:35 UTC

Unable to attach second disk on CentOS 7 VM

Hi all ACS members.

Did anyone face in the past any issue while attaching a second volume on a CentOS7 VM? I receive the following message:

"Failed to attach volume testVolume5 to VM CentOS7VM; Failed to attach volume for uuid: aa763fd8-02dc-42a1-bfe1-4e44201e487f due to You attempted an operation on a VM which requires PV drivers to be installed but the drivers were not detected.”

I tried the following solution:
 - yum install centos-release-xen
 - yum update
 - reboot

But again it didn’t work (essentially, booting with 3.18 kernel instead of 3.10). Any ideas? Our CS version is 4.6 together with XenServer 6.5
With CentOS 6.7 everything works fine.

Kind Regards
Stavros

----------------------------
Stavros Konstantaras
Science faculty Research IT support (FEIOG)
University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH

Fingerprint: E5E5 9B19 D1CD 88CD 4763  3465 A8DC 7C92 330F D59A

Re: Unable to attach second disk on CentOS 7 VM

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
I believe after you install the drivers you have to change the OS type for
your VM. That information is used when creating the VMM. So, you have to
choose a type that indicates to ACS that we can create a “PV” VMM.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Unable to attach second disk on CentOS 7 VM

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
You need to mount it, usually from /dev/xvdd

Try: mount /dev/xvdd /mnt

Erik

Den onsdag 13. april 2016 skrev Stavros Konstantaras <s....@uva.nl>
følgende: