Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Hopkins <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/09 20:52:16 UTC

Passing data from Javascript to components.

How do I pass data from Javascript to Tapestry
Component? Maybe I show some scenario:

I have table commponent, where i can select individual
rows (using mouse/keyboard via Javascript). Next - i
want to have some table-aware component (e.g. with
'table' parameter), for example DeleteRowButton, but i
want to have possibility to place this component
anywhere on page. Now, when I click this button and
listener is fired, I need to check, which row is
selected. I can (I think ;-)) do this with onclick
javascript handler and adding parameter to request,
but I must repeat this procedure for any other similar
 component (EditRowButton...). Is it possible to
automagically update some property in table component,
so any table-aware component can simply call
getTable().getSelectedIndex() or similar method?
Ofcourse table component is some enhanced version of
standard contrib Table ... :)

Grettings, Michael

Re: Tapestry 3.0 w/Servlet 2.2 container

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Works fine with 2.2. Think you need to have 2.3 to use the filter though.

Geoff