Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Carlos Via Rural <ca...@viarural.com> on 2013/05/14 17:52:51 UTC

Spellchecker: Is it possible to return search results with the first suggestion as query string instead of a list of suggestions?

Hello,

We're working with Solr with the Spellchecker module. It works fine
and returns suggestions as expected, but we need the search results
using the first suggestion instead of the suggestions. It is that
possible?

Re: Spellchecker: Is it possible to return search results with the first suggestion as query string instead of a list of suggestions?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

There may be a JIRA issue for this, but it's currently not doable as
far as I know.  But check
http://www.sematext.com/products/dym-researcher/ and example of it in
action: http://search-lucene.com/?q=queryprarser (oops, typo!) -- if
this is the sort of behaviour you are looking for, feel free to ping
me off the list.

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingramcontent.com>.
To get a re-written query with the top suggestions, specify "spellcheck.collate=true".  Begin reading from here (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent#spellcheck.collate) to see all the options you have related to "collate".

Solr cannot return results from a collation automatically.  Your application would have to re-issue the query.

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311