Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Al Abdullaev <ev...@cms.mail.virginia.edu> on 2001/01/09 21:43:16 UTC

installing without root access

I am a little bit confused. In the description of the
process of how to install without root access it is said
that I need to "The simplest approach is to simulate the
portion of the / file system relevant to Perl under your
home directory", What does it mean? Do I have to install
perl in my directory or just use any location? Thanks a lot
for the help guys and I am really sorry about my newbie
questions, I just got into this.

al

Re: installing without root access

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Al Abdullaev wrote:

> I am a little bit confused. In the description of the
> process of how to install without root access it is said
> that I need to "The simplest approach is to simulate the
> portion of the / file system relevant to Perl under your
> home directory", What does it mean? Do I have to install
> perl in my directory or just use any location? Thanks a lot
> for the help guys and I am really sorry about my newbie
> questions, I just got into this.

It's all explained in details at:
http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html#Installation_Without_Superuser_P

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/